Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New and Exciting News

So, here I am, behind on the blog again. I am officially putting "update blog" on my weekly to-do list. Here are the things that have happened since my last blog: I survived directing my first Vacation Bible School, the twins turned 2, Dave and I got to go on a week-long-no-kids-much-needed vacation, my sister and her husband adopted a baby girl, and Dave and I have been married for 8 years!!!

Now to elaborate on each:

Vacation Bible School: It was awesome! I had so much fun pulling it all together. We had almost 200 kids throughout the week, and about 60 workers. We also had 12 decisions made for Christ during the week. The theme was hawaiian and it was so so cute. We even had a guy build a 12 foot volcano in the chapel that was AWESOME!! My kids had a blast at their first VBS. Our Bible school was Monday - Thursday only and Jackson cried on Friday because he wanted to go back to "bi-cool". Sad and cute all at the same time. I survived the week beautifully and am looking forward to next year.

The Twins turned 2: I can hardly believe it! Time has sure gone by quickly. We had a party with all of our family and it was a ton of fun. My parent's got them a new swing set for their birthday and they love it!! It only took 4 grown men 7 hours to put it together!!! I am amazed with each passing day at how much a 2 year old really soaks up from the world. Madison is really in to playing with her babies. She is such a little mother to them and cares for their every need. Jackson is fascinated with cars and balls. He loves anything that bounces or has wheels. I love to watch their little imaginations develop.

The much needed vacation: My sister is a saint!!! Kelby and Justin kept the kids for us for a whole week. Dave and I went to Dallas and just chilled out. We went to Frisco for a day and enjoyed shopping and a Roughriders baseball game. We really just hung out and got to have a whole week of adult conversation without having to change diapers or break up any fights. I loved it. We went to a restaurant downtown that you must check out: The Old Warsaw. It was a bit on the pricy side, but totally worth it. We got to stay at the Hilton across from the Galleria thanks to a sweet deal on Hotwire.com.

The new addition: "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4. This verse makes me think of the journey that my sister Kelby and her husband Justin have been on the last year or more. They have gone through many trials and heartaches with infertility, only to be blessed with a beautiful baby girl, Makali. It's been so amazing to see the handprint of God on this entire situation. They are such great parents and I am positive that Makali is going to grow up in the love of the Lord.

Happy Anniversary: 8 YEARS!!!! Crazy, I know. I couldn't be blessed with a better husband. Dave is one of a kind. I can't think of another man that would be such a help-mate to me. He helps with the kids, helps with the house, helps with everything. I am so thankful that God allowed me to marry my best friend. I look forward to many more amazing years with him.

Well, that pretty much wraps it up. I hope you all feel updated. In a nutshell, God has been so good to us. We are so thankful for the life that he has blessed us with.

Love to all --
Karomy

2 comments:

House said...

it's been over a month...need to see some pics...are they in kinder yet?

House said...

scratch that...it's been almost TWO months....what should i get them for graduation gifts?